Bullpen Fitness Center
Located in the Milton P. Miller building, the Bullpen Fitness Center is available to students with a USU ID card. Rules for center use are posted on the wall. The Bullpen is open to students when the building is open. Hours are generally 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday.
To ensure that the spread of the COVID-19 virus is reduced, the following procedures are in place:
- Maximum occupancy is four individuals at one time.
- Individuals are required to maintain a social distance of six feet from the center of one individual to the next.
- Individuals using the fitness center will be required to disinfect and clean any machine used and the surrounding area after each use. Cleaning and disinfecting supplies will be made available.
- A facilitator will be assigned to the fitness center to ensure that it is cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Face coverings are recommended for any workout. Face covering will be available for individuals that do not have their own.
- Facilitators or staff will ask fitness center users if they have any of the symptoms described by the CDC which includes, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting diarrhea. If they do, they will not be allowed to use the facility.
The Bullpen Fitness Center Will be closed during university holidays and breaks and may be closed periodically to accommodate for classes or special events.
Gymnasium & Workout Room
Students have access to the gym and workout room located in the Classroom Building on the Roosevelt campus. To use the gym, students must sign in at the student services desk with their A#. Gym doors remain locked at all times, so students must sign in for the doors to be unlocked by an employee. This facility is for the use of faculty and tuition paying students. No one under the age of 18 is allowed and appropriate gym attire is required in addition to only athletic shoes.
Free yoga classes will be held on Tuesday mornings at 10 a.m. in the Main Building Room 165. No signup is required.
Uintah Recreation Center
Current students that have paid their tuition balances in full or have set up payment plans are eligible to receive memberships to the Uintah Recreation Center. The fees for the membership are covered by USU Uintah Basin student fees. Follow the list of steps below to receive your recreation center pass. By signing the agreement, students promise to abide by all rules and regulations of the Uintah Community Center.
- Register for courses at USU Uintah Basin.
- Set up a payment plan or pay tuition in full.
- Fill out the recreation pass application.
- Have an advisor or staff member sign and scan the application for our records.
- Take the signed application to the Rec Center to get your pass.
- Use the pass as often as you like during the current semester.
Passes are only good for current students, not family members or friends.
For additional information, please contact us at 435.722.1700.